TikTok made us do it and by “it" we mean the fluffy hair trend, a revival of one of our favorite ‘90s hairstyles–the bouncy blowout. Blowing up on TikTok, the airy blowout à la Cher Horowitz and Cindy Crawford gives us all the nostalgic feels and some of our fave stars are slaying the look lately, including Addison Rae and Hailey Bieber. Because the bouncy blowout is a classic ‘do that complements any ‘fit, it’s our duty to give you the full breakdown. Keep scrolling for two OUAIs to achieve the fluffy hair trend, AKA the ‘90s bouncy blowout, at home.
How-To: Heatless With Velcro Rollers
- Starting with dry or damp hair, roll your locks into velcro rollers. For maximum volume, over direct the velcro rollers forward
- While you wait for the rollers to set, spray OUAI Volume Spray to the roots for major body
- After 30 minutes, remove the rollers and flip your hair upside down to loosen the curls
- Spray OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray onto a boar bristle brush and gently brush through the curls to create fluffiness and separation while adding hold
- With your finger, apply a dab of OUAI Finishing Crème to any flyways or frizz
- Starting with freshly washed hair, spritz OUAI Leave In Conditioner evenly on damp hair (this smooths and protects hair up to 450°F)
- Divide hair into sections and spray OUAI Heat Protection Spray (this must-have protects up to 450°F)
- Using a larger round brush, wrap your hair around the barrel and blow dry from root to tips, making sure to tuck the ends under so they’re flipped inward. Repeat this on one-inch sections until you complete your whole head
- Brush your hair with a boar bristle brush to create more fluff
- Set your ‘90s blowout with OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray
Watch the video above to see how Mane Addicts stylist @amandaleehair creates a big, bouncy blowout at home.