Light the OUAI Contest Rules
Light the OUAI Contest
Official Rules and Terms & Conditions
- NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- GENERAL INFORMATION: The Light the OUAI Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00:00 am (midnight) EDT on November 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 pm EDT on November 30, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Ouai Haircare (“Sponsor”). Sponsor will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these Official Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to natural persons who (i) are at least 18 years of age or older (at the time of entry), and (ii) are residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and (iii) are eligible to enter the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules. Employees of the Sponsor and its parent companies; affiliates; subsidiaries; advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies; and its respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree fully and unconditionally to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Eligibility to win a prize is contingent upon complying with and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- HOW TO ENTER: Each week during the month of November, Sponsor will select one pair of winners (the nominee and nominator) to receive a OUAI candle as well as the chance to select a 501C3 charity that Sponsor will donate $1,000 to. The charity shall be subject to Sponsor’s approval to ensure alignment with Sponsor’s values. During the Contest Period, contestants may enter to win by commenting on Sponsor’s Instagram page, sending Sponsor a direct message on Instagram, or reposting Sponsor’s Instagram story with @ tag inclusion, nominating someone who makes the world a better place and describing why/how, and naming the charity to donate to. No random drawings, sweepstakes, raffles or other elements of chance are utilized to determine the Prize winners. The decisions of Sponsor will be final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
Winners will be selected on or about the dates set forth below, on the basis of their nominations and descriptions of why their selected charity deserves to win:
Entrants are eligible to win only once during the Contest Period. Attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple accounts or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
Sponsor’s designated server’s clock will be the official time keeper for the Contest and will be used when determining eligible entrants.
- NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts over the 48-hour period following each week to contact the potential winners via the Instagram account used to enter the Contest. If the potential winner cannot be reached during the 48-hour period in which they are contacted, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected using the same winning criteria described above from among the remaining applicable eligible contestants. The return of a potential winner's notification, prize information, or the prize as undeliverable or rejection of the prize by the potential winner will result in disqualification of the potential winner and an alternate potential winner may be selected pursuant to the winning criteria. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential winners, if any. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potential winner’s entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Service Provider, online access provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. With respect to each winning entry, the winner may be required to provide proof that the winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and is otherwise eligible to enter the Contest, and provide shipping address for prize fulfillment.
There will be 4 total pairs of winners that will each win 2 OUAI candles (approximate retail value of each candle: $44.00), and a donation of $1K to a 501C3 charity of their choice (subject to Sponsor’s approval of the charity).
No transfer, or cash or other substitution of prizes allowed except that the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component of comparable or greater value. Allow 8 weeks for delivery of prizes. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: Except where prohibited by law, a potential prize winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release, and a Tax Acceptance Form ("Affidavit/Release"). Such documents must be signed and returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If the documents are not signed and returned within that time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if an entrant does not comply with these Official Rules, each as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected based on the winning criteria. Entrant waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem said prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to entrants not by Sponsor. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes. Eligibility, age, and claims made by prize winners also are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes.
- TAXES: All federal, state, and local taxes and other tax liabilities (including income taxes), if any, and other incidental costs or expenses not identified in these rules are the sole responsibilities of the winners. Each winner may be required to provide Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any entrants winning over $600 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents, assigns, and any other organizations/entities related to the Contest (collectively, “Releasees”) harmless from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses, or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Releasees’ control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of any prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Releasees are not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether through the platform, by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program, or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. Prizes are awarded “as is, where is,” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or suitability for a particular purpose. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the prize awarded, determination of a winner, or any other matter relating to the Contest that cannot be resolved between such entrant and any Releasees shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, in no event shall any entrant seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief or to enjoin or restrain the production, distribution, exhibition, operation or other exploitation of Sponsor’s platform, the Contest, any website, content, advertising or other materials used, displayed or issued in connection with the Contest, or any submission or entry, and such entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover money damages, if any, in an action at law. IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE RELEASEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL ENTRANTS.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, an entrant’s participation in the Contest constitutes consent to the perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free use of his/her name, photo, and/or likeness, biographical information, entry, and statements attributed to him/her by any Releaseee for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion on Sponsor’s website and social media accounts, in e-mail blasts and any other media without compensation.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Contest is not affiliated with or sponsored by Instagram. By participating in the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that they have read these Official Rules and agrees to be bound by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without liability to the entrant, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion and without liability to the entrant or winner. The Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All disputes, issues and/or questions concerning the Contest, including the rights and obligations of the entrant, in connection with the Contest, or the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Any legal actions, suits or proceedings related to the Contest (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California, and each entrant accepts and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts with respect to any legal actions, suits or proceedings arising out of or related to the Contest. Sponsor may substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules, or discontinue the Contest at any time for any reason.
- FORCE MAJEURE: Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, in the event that any of the entrant’s activities, Contest’s activities or the Releasees’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic or public health crisis (e.g. COVID-19), explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above, subject to any governmental approval that may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest, and no Releasees shall be responsible or liable to any entrant or prize winner or any person claiming through such entrant or prize winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
- MISCELLANEOUS: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to (or decision not to) enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the official prize winners, available after the conclusion of the Contest, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Light the OUAI Contest” - WINNERS LIST <OR> OFFICIAL RULES (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH), 5750 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 655, Los Angeles, California 90036. Vermont residents may omit return postage.