We're still pondering how (seriously, how?!) French girls try hard without trying that hard—with their hair, we mean, and well, all of the above. So when we spy a laid-back look à la cool French girl, we admire then envy then inquire about the method behind the beautifully unbuttoned mane. Case in point: These undone waves we found on LA-based freelance hairstylist Bradley Leake's IG feed. Forgo your flat iron and follow Bradley's steps, below, to get in full French girl mode.
- Wrap 1-inch sections of hair around a 1.25-inch curling iron
- Focus on adding texture mid-shaft to ends by alternating directions to create a more natural, lived-in look
- Pro tip: When adding texture with a full bang, blow dry the fringe and hairline for subtle volume
- Apply Balmain Hair Dry Shampoo for volume at the roots
- Spray OUAI Wave Spray from mid-shaft to ends for grit
- Top it off with OUAI Finishing Crème through ends and fringe for the perfect undone look
Photography by @oreeeo